Features of EP Radiator Guard for KTM 1290 Super Adventure S
- Fabricated in light-weight aerospace quality aluminium for high strength to weight ratio
- EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern allows unrestricted airflow for efficient radiator cooling
- Designed to give a secure, precise fit with no additional chassis modifications
- Engineered for maximum protection from stones and other road debris
- Black powder coat gives a stylish factory-like durable finish
- All required fixtures and fittings included
- Fitting instructions available to download from the Evotech Performance website
What is the reason for fitting an EP Radiator Guard?
The radiator guard protects the KTM 1290 Super Adventure S radiator from road debris, while at the same time allowing all-important cooling air to pass through. The cooling fins of the standard radiator easily bend from being hit by road debris. Misaligned fins can restrict cooling air, which can lead to inefficient radiator cooling. The radiator’s central core is prone to being holed by stones from being picked up by the front tyre or other traffic and flung directly into this expensive component. Leaking coolant will make the 1290 Super Adventure S inoperable because of overheating, which can lead to engine damage.