Features of EP Radiator Guard for Honda CBR1000RR SP Fireblade
- Light-weight and tough all-aluminium construction engineered for an easy, precise fit
- Hexagonal matrix hole-pattern ensures strong defence from stone damage
- Designed to deliver maximum airflow for all-important coolant cooling
- The EP guard is formed to follow the curvature of the Honda CBR1000RR SP radiator
- Stylish and effective design stems from EP's experience within road and short circuit racing
- Durable black powder coated finish
- Fixtures and anti-vibration pads included
- Fitting instructions available to download
What protection does an EP radiator guard give?
An EP Radiator Guard protects the radiator from flung road debris while allowing all-important cooling air to pass through to the cooler' and look good at the same time. A cooler's delicate outer fins easily bend, and misaligned fins can cause overheating. The radiator's internal cores can also be holed by stones, etc; all usually picked up and flung directly into the cooler from the bike's front tyre or by other traffic. Leaking coolant will make the Honda inoperable because of overheating, which can result in engine damage. If leaked coolant reaches the tyres this will cause loss of grip.