Features of EP Radiator Guard for Suzuki Triumph Street Triple R
- All-aluminium construction with high strength to weight ratio
- Fabricated for precise fit and easy installation with no modifications to the chassis
- The EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern provides a strong, rigid defence against road debris
- Allows maximum airflow for all-important radiator cooling
- Formed to follow exactly the lines of the of the standard radiator
- Black powder coat finish
- Fitting instructions available to download
Is an EP Radiator Guard necessary?
Yes, and yes again. An EP Radiator Guard protects the Triumph Street Triple R radiator from damage caused by road debris, while allowing cooling air to pass through. The Triumph radiator consists of thin cooling fins and internal coolant-carrying pipework - the fins easily bend and block the passage of air, which will eventually lead to overheating and reduction in engine performance. The internal pipework could also be holed by debris, such as a stone being picked up by the bike's front tyre or other traffic. The result is rapid engine overheating and, if not noticed immediately, can cause engine damage. Also, if the slippery coolant leaks onto the tyres it can cause sudden loss of grip.