Features of EP Oil Cooler Guard for Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
- Light-weight aluminium construction designed to give a secure, precise fit
- Hexagonal matrix hole-pattern ensures strong defence from stone damage
- Delivers maximum airflow for all-important cooling
- Durable black powder coated finish
- Formed to follow the lines of the oil cooler
- The easy install requires no modifications to the chassis / chassis components
- All replacement fasteners supplied
- Fitting instructions available to download
What does an EP Oil Cooler Guard deliver?
The EP Oil Cooler Guard protects the Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport oil cooler from damage that can be caused by stones, grit and other road debris picked up and flung directly into the cooler from the bike’s front tyre or other traffic. However, the guard is also designed to allow cooling air to pass through. The cooler’s thin, delicate cooling fins easily bend, and misaligned fins can restrict cooling air, which can lead to overheating. Also, the cooler’s internal core (oil-carrying tube) is very susceptible to being holed by road debris, which can lead to low oil pressure and a high risk of engine component damage.