Features of EP Radiator Guard for Triumph Tiger 800 XR
- Fabricated in light-weight aerospace quality aluminium for high strength to weight ratio
- EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern allows unrestricted airflow for efficient radiator cooling
- Designed to give a secure, precise fit with no additional chassis modifications
- Engineered for maximum protection from stones and other road debris
- Black powder coat gives a stylish factory-like durable finish
- All required fixtures and fittings included
- Fitting instructions available to download from the Evotech Performance website
What is the reason for fitting an EP Radiator Guard?
The radiator guard protects the Triumph Tiger 800 XR oil cooler from damage caused by road debris, while at the same time allowing all-important cooling air to pass through. The cooling fins of the standard radiator easily bend. Misaligned fins can restrict cooling air, which can lead to overheating. The radiator’s central cores are also prone to being holed by stones from being picked up by the front tyre or other traffic and flung directly into this expensive component. Leaking coolant will make the motorcycle inoperable because of overheating, which, in turn, can lead to engine damage. Coolant could also leak onto the tyres to cause sudden loss of grip.