Features of EP Radiator Guard for BMW S 1000 R
- All-aluminium construction for high strength to weight ratio (240g average weight)
- EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern gives unrestricted airflow for efficient radiator cooling
- Designed to give a secure, precise fit with easy installation
- Engineered for maximum protection from stones and other road debris
- Formed to follow the curvature of the standard S 1000 R radiator
- Black powder coat gives a factory-like durable finish
- Anti-vibration material included
- Fitting instructions available to download from the Evotech Performance website
Why fit an EP Radiator Guard?
Radiators are positioned so they catch passing airflow to cool the engine coolant flowing through the radiator’s core and maintain optimum running temperature . Unfortunately, radiators are also ‘open’ to damage from road debris. The large radiator of the BMW S 1000 R is no exception. The EP Radiator Guard is designed to protect the radiator’s delicate cooling fins and internal waterways by preventing stones, grit and other road debris from bending the cooling fins or, worse, puncturing the radiator’s delicate aluminium coolant gallery causing it to leak. The result of which will be an overheating engine, which can result in engine damage.