Features of EP Radiator Guard for Triumph Speed Triple S
- Fabricated from aerospace quality aluminium
- EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern delivers efficient radiator cooling
- Designed to give a secure, precise fit with no additional chassis modifications
- Engineered for maximum protection from stones and other road debris
- Black powder coat gives a stylish factory-like durable finish
- Anti-vibration pads included
- Fitting instructions available to download
What is the reason for fitting an EP Radiator Guard?
The radiator guard is a rigid defence against damage by road debris, while at the same time allowing all-important cooling air to pass through. The radiator's cooling fins are prone to bending, and bent fins can restrict passing air, which can lead to overheating. The radiator's internal coolant-carrying galleries are also prone to being holed by stones - usually picked up by the front tyre and flung directly into this expensive component. Leaking coolant can make the Triumph Speed Triple S inoperable because of overheating, which, in turn, can lead to engine damage. Coolant can also leak onto the tyres to cause loss of grip.