Features of EP Radiator Guard for BMW R 1200 R
- Light-weight aluminium construction
- Fabricated for precise fit and easy installation
- Designed to give uninterrupted airflow
- EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern provides a rigid defence against stones and other debris
- Durable black powder coated finish
- Designed to be mounted with no additional chassis modifications
- Anti-vibration material included
- Fitting instructions available to download from the Evotech Performance website
Is fitting a radiator guard necessary?
Regardless of genre, no motorcycle should be without EP radiator protection because an EP Radiator Guard greatly reduces the risk of damage caused by road debris. The Triumph Tiger 800 XR radiator is made up of delicate cooling fins that easily bend; within the radiator there is an internal core of coolant-carrying pipework that can be punctured beyond safe repair. Misaligned cooling fins block passing air and this can lead to the engine overheating. A holed coolant core will cause rapid overheating with the possibility of engine damage. Leaking coolant can also cause sudden loss of grip if it reaches the motorcycle’s tyres.