Features of EP Radiator Guard for KTM 1290 Super Duke R
- Low in weight but tough all-aluminium construction for an easy, precise fit
- Hexagonal matrix hole-pattern ensures strong defence from stone damage
- Designed to deliver maximum airflow for all-important engine cooling
- The EP guard is formed to follow the lines of the KTM 1290 Super Duke R radiator
- Durable black powder coated finish
- Radiator protection has never looked or fitted so good
- Additional fasteners and anti-vibration material, where required, are supplied
- Fitting instructions available to download from the Evotech Performance website
What protection does an EP Radiator Guard give?
An EP Radiator Guard protects the KTM 1290 Super Duke R radiator from road debris while allowing all-important cooling air to pass through to the cooler- and look good at the same time. A cooler’s delicate outer fins easily bend, and misaligned fins can cause overheating. The radiator’s internal cores can also be holed by stones and other debris, all usually picked up and fired directly into the radiator from the bike’s front tyre or by other traffic. Leaking coolant will make the 1290 Super Duke R inoperable because of overheating, which can also result in engine damage. If leaked coolant reaches the tyres this can cause sudden loss of grip.