Features of EP Radiator Guard for Suzuki V-Strom 650
- Light-weight, all-aluminium construction fabricated for precise fit and easy installation
- The EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern provides a strong, rigid defence against road debris
- Allows maximum airflow for all-important radiator cooling
- Black powder coat finish
- Anti-vibration material supplied as standard
- Requires no modifications to existing chassis components
- Fitting instructions available to download
Is an EP radiator guard really necessary?
100% yes. An EP radiator guard protects the V-Strom 650 radiator from light and severe damage caused by road debris, while allowing cooling air to pass through. The Suzuki radiator consists of thin cooling fins and internal cores - the fins easily bend and block the passage of air, which will eventually lead to overheating and reduction in engine performance. The internal cores could also be holed by debris, such as a stone being picked up by the bike's front tyre or other traffic and flung directly at the radiator. The result is rapid engine overheating, and if the slippery coolant sprays onto the tyres it can cause sudden loss of grip.