Features of EP Oil Cooler Guard for Suzuki GSX-R1000
- Fabricated in light-weight aerospace quality aluminium with high strength to weigh ratio
- EP hexagonal matrix hole-pattern allows unrestricted airflow for efficient cooling
- Designed to give a secure, precise fit with no additional chassis modifications
- Engineered for maximum protection from stones and other road debris
- Black powder coat gives a stylish factory-like durable finish
- Anti-vibration material included
- Fitting instructions available to download from the Evotech Performance website
What is the reason for fitting an EP Oil Cooler Guard?
The oil cooler guard protects the Suzuki GSX-R1000 oil cooler from damage caused by road debris, while at the same time allowing all-important cooling air to pass through. The cooling fins of the standard cooler easily bend. Misaligned fins can restrict cooling air, which can lead to overheating. The cooler’s oil-carrying cores are also prone to being holed by stones from being picked up by the front tyre and flung directly into this expensive component. Leaking oil will make the motorcycle inoperable because of reduced oil pressure, which, in turn, can lead to engine damage. Oil could also leak onto the tyres to cause sudden loss of grip.